The Community at Holmes Harbor is organized specifically for the common good, to benefit the Holmes Harbor community, and to promote and sustain a positive community image. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
• Participating in neighborhood beautification, engendering civic pride
• Raising the awareness of community concerns and potential solutions
• Facilitating assistance to neighbors in times of crisis
• Advocating for the benefit of the community
• Promoting social activities that help strengthen a spirit of goodwill
• Encourage pride in the appearance of the community. Identify and seize
opportunities for helping to maintain property values.
• Explore or suggest potential solutions to community concerns through
meetings and by using the newsletter, e-mail and/or the website.
• Monitor and report on the following:
Developments regarding the golf course properties,
Pertinent actions by utility boards of commissioners,
Activities of any other entities that could impact the Holmes Harbor
• Maintain and expand the Emergency Response Team.
• Advocate for the benefit of the community.
• Organize the annual summer picnic and a community-wide yard sale.
It takes the support of the community to make a success of this all-volunteer organization. Dues are only $15 per individual or $25 per couple per year. Click on the link below to print out the membership form.
See the NEWS page for a list of neighbors helping neighbors; volunteers who are ready to lend a hand in emergency situations.
Upcoming Association Meetings
August 18th - Hanna residence at
5050 Bradshaw Road
September 15th - (TBA)
October 20th - Barchenger home at
1271 Long Drive
November 17th - Russell residence at
4987 Lilac Drive
CHH meets on the third Monday of each month,.Everyone is ecouraged to attend, and questions and comments are welcome. Beginning at 7 o’clock, we are usually adjourned by 8:30. This is a relaxed group so we invariably enjoy several chuckles while conducting business.
(No meetings in July or December.)
Click here to find out about advertising in the newsletter and website.
Members of the Community at Holmes Harbor are being asked to make a decision about a proposed re-structuring of this organization. At present CHH is a certified non-profit corporation under the Revised Code of Washington and has an IRS tax-exempt status of 501(c)(4). This standing has served us well under the currently stated purpose of our 12-year old organization. If, however, the Articles of Incorporation were rewritten as shown, and we applied for and received a 501(c)(3) IRS status, it would be possible to expand our activities into several more beneficial areas, and to receive tax-deductible donations to assist with these efforts.
Proposed new wording:
“This non-profit public benefit corporation is formed to:
1) support a community model of “neighbors-helping-neighbors”,
2) augment the resources of the Community Emergency Response Team,
3) assist in the development and maintenance of youth & adult programs; i.e, educational, athletic, cultural, etc.,
4) help establish and maintain community multi-purpose areas and facilities."
Anyone not a member is welcome to join. Please read the information about eligibility before completing all sections of the membership form to the left on this page, and send it with the appropriate dues to the PO box. Ballots may be requested by e-mail until July 19th, and will be sent by e-mail after membership has been confirmed. firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballots will be counted on Monday, July 28th, and may be submitted by mail or e-mail, or may be presented personally at the picnic on Sunday, July 27th. Ballots received after the 27th will not be counted. Voting is confidential.